The International Conference “Efficient Power Generation” will be held in Moscow at the World Trade Center on September, 19–20, 2011.
Provision on reliable, environmentally safety and economically efficient power supply is the precondition for power safety and security on national and global level.
According to the International Energy Agency estimations, world demand for all kinds of fuel will continue to grow, thus global demand for electricity will grow faster then demand for other kinds of power resources.
The problem of satisfaction of a growing demand can be solved not only by increasing the generation capacity using the traditional fuel, but also by improving efficient generation, transportation and energy consumption, as well as through diversification of energy sources with transition to extensive use of low-carbon technologies.
Increasing power and environmental efficiency for Russian economy is one of the priorities of national economy modernization.
To consolidate efforts on development and introduction of innovative decisions and high technologies in the Russian power called the national technological platforms founded according to the decision of the Commission on modernization and technological development of the Russian Federation.
- Analysis of the state of affairs in the field of electricity and heat power generation: identifying problems and definition of ways of their decision.
- Assistance for the development and implementation of advanced low-carbon energy technologies, evaluation of prospects for their implementation in Russia and in the world.
- Positioning of the Russian national power platforms
- Studying of international experience for developing and promote innovations in the energy sector.
- Evaluation of prospects of cooperation in solving these problems including international cooperation.
On the first conference day is suggesting to discuss the following questions:
- Science & technology development forecasts for the period till 2050, global and regional trends of power development.
- Questions of increasing the efficient generation of electricity and heat and approaches to their solution (Russian and foreign experience).
- National and regional strategy development and introduction of the advanced energy technologies.
- Low-carbon energy technologies “road maps, national and regional strategy of development and introduction of the advanced power technologies in the field of power generation.
- Technological platforms as a tool for assistance innovative development and accelerate of working out and introduction of advanced power technologies.
On the second day round tables parallel work will be organized.
- Round table #1: Modern technologies in heat and power engineering – efficiency, reliability and environmental safety. Russian and foreign experience.
- Round table #2: Distributed power generation systems: limits of growth and integration problems with existing electro power systems.
- Round table #3: Smart Grid technologies and their development.
- Round table #4: Energy efficiency increasing in the final consumption sector: modern technological solutions and their influence on power consumption.
The representatives from federal and regional authorities, business and scientific community, governmental and non-governmental organizations, including international are invited to participate in conference.